Monday, August 24, 2009

Back to School







Well, it was bound to happen... Summer vacation came to an end...

Today, was back to school day. Katie and August were so excited about it! They have young, fresh teachers who will have just as much energy as they do!! Another great thing about new teachers is they aren't afraid to try new things! They are just so cute and sweet!!

They start school at 9:20, pretty late. SO, they had lots of time to get ready, there certainly was no last minute rush to get out the door. Hopefully, that remains throughout the year. Unfortunetly, it gave Katie extra time to worry a little! But we said a little prayer, and headed out the door.

As much as they wanted to ride the school bus, I wanted to drive them to school. I find great comfort in dropping them off with their teachers the first day back. August was ready to break free, gave me a hug at the end of his hallway and told me, "this is good, Mom". Sorry son, I am taking you the whole way there! It was nice to see his teacher again, take a picture and send him on his way for the "first day in the first grade".

Katie was a completely different story. She was walking so slow to her class. It was kinda funny... She gave things a good looking over, and then greeted her teacher, and then sheepishly took her seat.

I didn't even cry this year!! Guess, we are all growing up!!

They got to take the bus home to their relief, and had the best time! I cannot help but wonder when this love of the bus will end. (probably about the same time I am no longer available to chauffer!)

I got a full report over brownie sundaes, and it sounds like it is going to be a great year!! They made friends, liked PE and art, August skinned his knee and they both brought home piles of forms for me to fill out... Guess I better get started with MY homework!!


No comments:

Post a Comment