Well, I had been thinking about cutting my hair a bit. It was so long, down to the middle of my back- and I loved it. But, it was getting tired and I needed a change. SO, I was ready to cut it, three inches maybe... So, I asked around to where people had there hair cut here, and I made an appointment at Ollie's in LaPlata.
Then, as the day of my appointment grew closer, God put something on my heart. To cut it short and give the hair away. OUCH! That seems like so much to ask! WHY there are so many emotional issues tied up in hair I will never understand! SO, I agonized over this decision for a while, prayed about it, asked Aaron, posted the idea on Facebook... Prayed some more...
I guess I am leaving out a pretty big part of this story though.... Recently, the niece of one of my best friends was just diagnosed with a very aggressive form of cancer. Jordan is the sweetest girl. I got to know her last summer when she was visiting. Jordan is strong, and sweet and has just SO much LOVE in her heart. That was incredibly apparent even from the short time we got to know her last summer. She is in for a long fight with "Filipe", her cancer enemy. I have been praying for her, along with a whole army of prayer warriors.
But there has to be something more that I can do. But, apparently, GOD already had that all figured out....
Up to the moment I walked into the salon, I wasn't sure if this was something I could do. (here is a little secret... Don't tell! I am not a natural blonde! shh!) Could I even donate my hair? Carla sat down with me, and asked me "so, what are we going to do today?" I told her what I was thinking, and she said "oh, that is no problem. We have two charities we donate to. And one takes colored hair." Locks of Love and The Lombardi Foundation. So, that ends the debate!
So, as I was sitting down to have my hair washed (donated hair has to be cleaned and dried), I started telling them this story and Jordan's story... And you know me.. I start crying!! Just pure tears of joy! Carla made the whole process so much fun, and so easy.
When I got home, I looked up the Lombardi Foundation (what a great story!), and you will NEVER believe who they donate hair to - The American Cancer Societies Wigs for Young Adult Girls!
GOD has a plan. His wisdom is infinite! His hands are in all that we do. This story just has to many "coincidences" otherwise. Choose to believe what you wish..
Even up until the moment
Thank you! I am Jordan's aunt and seeing this post brought tears to my eyes, but hope to my heart. There are so many people out there who care about this dear girl. I know she will pull through this with flying colors, because of her strength and because of people like you who align the Universe with healing energy. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
ReplyDeleteP.S. We're connected through JoJo Dee and Felipe. :)
all i can say is wow. this has been a most trying week for me. it has been amazing how much impact Jordan has made in other people's lives, I know how wonderful she is but now i know how wonderful she is to others. we are blessed to be a family of friends together fighting for Jordan and keeping her healthy and alive. she is my blessing and i'm happy to share her with you and everyone else. thanks for posting your blog link on her site. she hasn't read it yet because we had some pain issues this evening after her friends left the hospital and she is in bed watching Cats. keep peace in your heart love tara
ReplyDelete