This cookbook was a fixture in my kitchen as a child. My Mom is a great cook, but I seem to remember a lot of Campbell's Soup in things growing up. I found this cookbook at the Ashville Library during their annual book sale a few years back. I was so tickled to find this, but WHY would anyone let this book go when it is so full of quality recipes?? I have looked on their official website for this recipe, and it is just not the same. The updated recipe uses a microwave.
So, here is the much loved recipe. I got a kick out of a few things in this recipe. "Add shortening if necessary", because there just isn't enough fat in ground beef to begin with... AND applying processed cheese to the tops of the peppers. I can assure you, my Mom used REAL cheese! I had to increase the recipe by a few, we need more than four peppers for our family, and Aaron likes left-overs for his lunches.
Family Size- That's us!
These looked so pretty before they went into the oven.

And so good when they came out! They were a huge hit! The kids loved this new dish, and Aaron and I had a great time nibbling our way down memory lane.
I wonder if my children will ever get a hankering for these.. and will they say, "Just like Mama used to make."?
No comments:
Post a Comment