A Second Grader, and a Fourth Grader..... How did that happen?? Seems like they are growing up faster and faster...
They were both super excited for their first day of school in Wiesbaden. They had packed their bags and prepared all their clothes yesterday. I think Katie may have repacked hers three times... She was a little excited! They were very good about going to bed last night, and woke up very pleasantly this morning. But, they usually do on pancake mornings.
We woke up to a very soggy day. It rained all evening and was still raining and gusting when we walked out the door this morning. It was so cold, the heat came on!! The unpleasant weather didn't make very good first day of school pictures, and a yucky walk up the hill!
The reception at the school was super nice! The principals and staff were all there to greet us at the door and give us directions to our classrooms. The support staff lined the halls all they way up and down the hallways, decked out in their spirit shirts! What a fantastic way to make the best of a situation!!
We found August's classroom first. He has Ms Williams this year. She seems so very nice and organized, her classroom was very well prepared and seemed to be very spacious. He only has 18 classmates this year! Love that!! We think August will make lots of friends this year, a little boy was very nice and said "August, you sit right here!" aaawww!!
Next, we found Katie's class. She is at the very end of a very long hall way,,, seemed like we would never find it!! She has Ms. Ramsey this year, and has 24 classmates. Ms. Ramsey has a great smile and greeted each child with a friendly handshake. I think Katie was a little intimidated by the classroom. She came back out, because she didn't know where to sit. Judging by the stacks of huge books on each desk, she probably didn't WANT to sit at any of them!!
So, now it is just Owen and I at home for now.... And I didn't even get weepy this year! (well, I almost did... Only when I discovered they check IDs at the school gate!! Thankfully, the guard let me in. I won't make that mistake again!!)
Wow, what great looking children! As if they stood a chance with great looking parents like Kimberly and Aaron!! I love Katie's shirt and I cannot believe how old August looks...growing up...it's all good!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to start my day! These pictures are wonderful. Little O is just looking to groovy, Katie is beautiful of course and August is stylin and looking so hip and handsome! Thank you for this wonderful blog!!! Have a great first week of school Katie and Gus....and Mama and little O too! Love Lots,Granny
ReplyDeleteThey are such wonderful children. I know they will do great. They look so ready to take on the challenge of a new school year. I love them so much. Enjoy your time with Owen; he will be at school soon. Love you all, Mor Mor
ReplyDelete