Monday, February 23, 2009

Visiting Gross Rohrheim

We went to visit our old neighbors Sunday night. We had so much fun talking, drinking coffee and having lots and lots of yummy German Desserts. Simone is the best hostess. She had such a wonderful variety of nice German cakes and lots and lots of Berliners for the kids. Berliners are not people who live in Berlin.. They are a filled donut that are special during the Fasching Season. Fasching is the German Mardi Gras. We had planned on going to a parade before we went to their house, but the weather was really aweful. Oh well.. February in Germany... What can you expect.
But, we had a really wonderful time with them. We have missed them so much! Though it was really weird to see them and not walk home across the street afterward. I could barely even look at our old house! It was just such a wonderful place to live and we had the best time there. Such wonderful memories!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! I feel like I have had a good long chat with you, and I haven't done that in so long. Your family is adorable. Miss you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete