I did it!
I made it all the way! A half marathon, 21 km, 13.1 miles!
Up mountains, down mountains, past creeks, across bridges, down the hauptstrasse and into the arms of my husband.
I loved running this race! It was so much fun. I had lots of challenges preparing for it, a fractured toe, blisters, and "life". But somehow, I was able to over come it all and complete this race!
One HUGE thing that helped was all the support of our friends. It was so incredible to come running down the street to see them cheering, waving pom-poms and holding up signs. It was an amazing feeling, and I am so grateful they were there and brought our babies along to cheer!
The kids are a huge reason for my running. I want to have a long life and be able to keep up with them for a long time to come. In my little running group there was the sweetest little old man, he must have been at least 75, and he was so nice and encouraging.
This run was beautiful. We started out running through the streets downtown, then across the Alte Brucke (old bridge), through some neighborhoods then UP to Philosophers Weg. That was quite the climb, it was like running up stairs! But it was beautiful. The most amazing thing though, was when I got to the top the song on my IPod was "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. That was quite a moment... Then we ran down the hill, past some streams and then up to again.. to the Castle, another awesome view. Finally, we came running down the Haupt Strasse to more cheering crowds.
Crossing the finish line!
Wow!
What a great feeling!
I was so happy to see Aaron there waiting for me!
I couldn't help but burst into tears (you know me...).
I was so happy that I had done it!
I RAN A HALF MARATHON!
After I got a long hug from Aaron I ran over to my biggest little fans!
I was so proud of them for being there for me, and cheering so loud!
It is a moment I will never forget!
(but I would like to forget about these blisters!)
You ROCK!! I am so proud of you!!
ReplyDelete